Me and My Babies (Ty is in the picture, just not visible yet)

Me and My Babies (Ty is in the picture, just not visible yet)
Me and My Babies (Ty is in this picture too...just not quite ready to see the world yet)

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tonight...

Settling in for the night...Tyler just went night night...he is so sweet. I tell him it's time for bed, so he goes to get his paci off the counter in the kitchen (he knows that is where it stays except for bedtime), and toddles into his room where he walks up to his bed. I give him lotsa love and kisses and put him in. That's it. Wonderful.
Jake and Ava are having their usual argument about who gets to pick the bedtime TV show (they get one). Actually tonight, they agreed on the same show. They are laying together enjoying each other's company.
We had a good afternoon/evening. After an early dinner, we went to gym and kids did wonderful. Jacob was good in his class. He had a familiar friend in his class tonight...Welcome to Tumbling Express Lillie and Karson!! Jake's class is more focused on discipline than gymnastics. Ava started working on her back handspring. She actually does it with a spot. She has progressed immensely in the last 2 weeks. So proud of her. She is starting to really take pride in her abilities at gym. She practices all the time at home. I would never push her to be on the team, etc. I don't think it's good parenting to "push" any activity unless the child shows a genuine passion for it themselves. Gym has always been for fun and exercise. I want her to do good, but you know...if she has a little fun in class, so be it. I just feel they need to find their own passion in life. They don't need it decided by their parent who wants it worse than they do. Anyway, she is starting to show this passion and I'm letting her think about being on the team...it's a lot of time, but if she truly loves it, I will think about it.
Snow day tomorrow probably. Planning to stay home with kiddos all day. Planning to make home made chicken noodle soup (kids' request) and maybe watch a movie?? Need to do some cleaning and laundry too. The rest of the week is full for me. Have a couple meetings (one of my favorite meetings is tomorrow, but probably won't get to go if kids home from school) to go to, have a couple interviews, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment